Below are links to assorted records contributed by various people.
Archives and Libraries
- Tipperary Heritage Unit - records cover all 46 parishes of the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly
- Land Valuation Office - holds a list of occupiers of property for the 26 Counties in the Republic of Ireland which is broken down into Townlands within Rural Districts and into Rural Districts within Counties. The records go back to 1846.
- National Library of Ireland - microfilms of Catholic parish registers, copies of the important nineteenth century land valuations (the Tithe Applotment Books and Griffith's Valuation), trade and social directories, estate records and newspapers
- Limerick City Museum Genealogical Resources
- Public Records Office of Ireland. Four Courts, Dublin 7, Ireland. Tithe Applotment Books, estate records, court records, etc.
- Genealogical Office. 2 Kildare Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Includes a variety of materials on Irish families, now a part of the National Library.
- Registrars General's Office. 8-11 Lombard St, Dublin 2, Ireland. The official birth, death and marriage records of Ireland from 1864 onwards.
- Registry of Deeds. Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, Ireland. Property transactions since 1608
- Families of County Limerick. Volume V of the Book of Irish Families, great & small. By Michael C. O'Laughlin, 1997
- Exploring Limerick's Past, An Historical Geography of Urban Development in County and City. By Patrick J. O'Connor, 1987.
- A Pauper Warren, West Limerick 1845-49. By Gerard Curtin, 2000.
- Lough Gur & District, Historical Society Journal 2000, Vol. No. 11.
- The Old Limerick Journal, Famine Edition. Number 32, Winter, 1995.
- Cappamore, A Parish History. Cappamore Historical Society, 1992.
- Index to the Townlands, and Towns, Parishes and Baronies of Ireland. Based on the census of 1851.
- A New Genealogical Atlas of Ireland, 2nd Edition. By Brian Mitchell, 2002.
- A Guide to Irish Parish Registers. By Brian Mitchell, 1988.
- Irish Records and Sources: For Family and Local History. By James G. Ryan, 1997.
- Tracing Your Irish Ancestors, Second Edition. By John Grenham, 1999.
- Diocese of Limerick Home Page - with a parish listing.
- Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly - history, parishes, churches, maps.
- Catholic Parishes of Diocese of Limerick - history, pictures, churches, townlands, graveyards
- Civil Parishes - with Catholic, Church of Ireland and other church parishes, first available records, where they are available
History, Travel, & Information
- Limerick's Life - History & folklore of Limerick city, Ireland.
- Doon Bleisce - An overview of the history and geography of Doon.
Land and Property
- Locate the land divisions of County Limerick: Baronies, Poor Law Unions, Civil Parishes, dioceses, Catholic Parishes, townlands
- The Tithe Applotment Books, 1823-1838 listed each landholder along with details such as townland, size of holding, land quality and types of crops for all of Ireland. The LDS Family History Library has filmed these records and are listed in their catalog by townlands. Another list, Tithe Defaulters was collected in 1831.
- Land Registry Service. Information concerning the Registries and some of the services provided by the Land Registry
- Registry of Land deeds on LDS film with film numbers:
- Indexes to Transcripts, for all of Ireland by townland. Use these Indexes to Locate the Volume, Page and Memorial Number of Interest
- Grantors' Index. A Grantor is the name the name of the person selling, giving or otherwise disposing of land or some other asset.
- Registry of Deeds, 1708 to 1929. This repository (the Registry of Deeds, Dublin) now offers one of the most certain sources of genealogical information concerning families in a wide range of social station and material wealth. Records of tenants in modest circumstances, comfortably established gentry and great landlords are all represented here.
- List your surname in the County Limerick Surname Roster and find connections.
- Subscribe to the Ireland Roll Calls mailing list to find others searching the same surname.
- The only truly Irish mailing list run by a professional genealogist who lives in Ireland. Ireland Genealogy A must list for serious Ireland researchers.
- Post a query into CousinConnect, it's free! You can edit and delete them at any time. You have total control, and total privacy.
- The "Index of Surnames" or "Householders Index" records the occurrence of household of a particular surname in each of the civil parishes of a county, giving the exact number of households in the case of Griffith's Valuation (1851) and the presence a surname in the Tithe Applotment Books (1826).
- The Limerick Post Newspaper
- The Limerick Leader
- Complete listing of newspapers and/or periodicals published in the past, with dates published and dates indexed.
Annual Observer (annual), Mr. J. Cussan,
Newcastlewest Historical Society, Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick
Crom Abu (annual),
Mr. M. Spillane, Toureen, Croom, Co. Limerick
Old Limerick Journal (One per year - December issue),
Limerick City Museum, City Hall, Merchants Quay, Limerick City
Tel +353 61 417826, Fax +353 61 415266 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The General Register Office (Oifig An Ard-Chláraitheora) is the central repository for records relating to Births, Deaths and Marriages in the Republic of Ireland. It is concerned with civil registration matters only, and does not engage in genealogical research. Records of marriages other than Roman Catholic marriages date back to 1st April 1845. Records of Births, Deaths and Roman Catholic Marriages date to 1st January, 1864.
- Ardagh Deaths, 1869-70. Civil registration. Database includes name, date of death, place of death, cause of death, age, occupation, marital status and at times a close relative.
- Genealogical Society of Victoria. The GSV is the second largest family history/genealogical society within Australia with approximately 7000 members. The GSV has three member services groups - Irish Ancestry Group, Scottist Ancestry Group and the International Settlers Group. These groups are very active, hold regular meetings and have quarterly newsletters.
- The Catholic Diocese of Limerick, Ireland
City and County Parishes
An in depth study of the history and folklore for the parishes of Limerick Diocese.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly, Ireland
History and maps of diocese with links to parishes and churches.
- The Catholic Diocese of Cloyne
Some County Limerick Parishes
Mainly a County Cork diocese
- The Catholic Diocese of Killaloe
Some Co. Limerick Parishes
Covers a number of counties, mainly in Co. Clare
General Registration Office
The General Register Office (Oifig An Ard-Chláraitheora) is the central repository for records relating to Births, Deaths and Marriages in the Republic of Ireland. It is concerned with civil registration matters only, and does not engage in genealogical research. Records of marriages other than Roman Catholic marriages date back to 1st April 1845. Records of Births, Deaths and Roman Catholic Marriages date to 1st January, 1864.
Tipperary Family History Research
Tipperary Family History Research is the only organisation to offer a research service based on access to the Baptismal and Marriage records of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly. The Archdiocese covers most of County Tipperary and part of County Limerick and it contains 46 Parishes (map).